S-Metalltech 98 Ltd (Budapest) was founded in 1998 by six Hungarian engineers. Since 2001 another Hungarian company, HP Team Ltd possesses the shares of the S-Metalltech. The aim of setting up the S-Metalltech Ltd was to create a flexible research-development-production base for the special more components materials applied mainly in the field of the power engineering. We consider as special more components materials:
- the two- or more layer cladded metal sheets, strips, wires and component parts
- the metal-ceramic and metal-metal composite rods, wires and formed parts
- the metal-sheathed ceramic superconducting rods, strips, rings and other bulks
The strategy behind the setting up of the S-Metalltech Ltd was to provide a link between the universities, research institutions and the industrial enterprises. The S-Metalltech Ltd serves:
- on one hand as a technological R&D workshop for universities and enterprises,
- on the other hand as a small-scale production base for the special more components materials used in the field of electrical engineering, vehicle production, nuclear technique, etc. (In our case the small-scale production can be very economic because of the great value of the products and the applied unique techniques).
Research and development in the field of material sciences based on mainly the HERF (High-Energy-Rate-Forming) techniques as the explosive cladding and powder-compaction, furthermore the electromagnetic metalforming and powdercompaction.
Research and development of production technologies based on the HERF techniques mentioned above.
Design and building of demonstration equipment for test and education purposes.
Education and training activities in close co-operation with the Hungarian and foreign universities.
Manufacturing of novel electrical component parts using our know-hows.